Friday, October 20, 2017

Seasons (of life)

Have you ever wondered why you are in the season of life you are in? What could God possibly have to teach me through this?

No? 
Just me? 

Well, that is the season I am in now. The season of "Why do I have to go through this season".

Those that know me know that I am a people person. I love having people into my home, I love meeting people places, I love going to church with my church family, I love just getting out and doing stuff with my boys.

Cold and flu season with an already sick baby changes life. 

I have never been a germ-a-phobe. Having a baby that could be hospitalized because of a cold has kind of changed me a little on that.

I have always loved working with kids. Ever since I was young I enjoyed working with those younger than me. I can't do that now. I don't get to do something that I love to do because I love my son more. 

I hate having to tell my older two that they can't play with their little brother because they have runny noses.

I guess what I'm getting at is why? Why does someone like me, a people person, have to go through this? Having a baby go through what our youngest has gone through was easy for me to trust God. This season? This time of having to stay home and not see people and keep people away from the baby is HARD! 
What does God need to teach me by keeping me cooped up in my home with my three crazy boys (and a husband who works from home). 

It's amazing how it is so easy to trust God with the big things and so hard to trust him with the little things. 

I know that I need to just be thankful. And I am! I am so thankful that I have 3 boys to raise to be great men. I am thankful that my husband can work from home and help me out during the day. I am thankful for our third-born and all he's been through and that God has seen him through his rough start to life. I am thankful for our home. I am thankful for my Bible study (so I can get out of the house!). 

I know that it is going to be a long winter if I just complain the whole time. 

I will choose to be thankful. 
I will choose to be joyful.
I will choose to love God first then my husband then my boys.
I will choose to enjoy this season of life. 
I will choose to praise and not to pout.



2 comments:

  1. Awesome content written
    Must read
    Author has written it very nicely.

    Also Check my work

    https://freeadwareremovaltool.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good contents in your blog...

    Also check my work.

    ReplyDelete